Advance notice of Industrial Action, 28th February
The half term break next week means that the next day of industrial action by the NEU, scheduled for 28th Feb, will come round very quickly indeed. Therefore I am using this blog to outline plans for the day in order to give families as much notice as possible about disruption to normal routines. As ever, I am grateful to my colleagues for sharing what they plan to do so we can avoid unnecessary problems on ‘strike day’ itself. I am aware that there is still time for the strikes to be called off, and if they are then all this planning won’t have been necessary, but better to be prepared!
Arrangements for Tuesday 28th February
- Students in Year 11 will be expected in school for a normal school day. The day will start with assembly as usual, followed by the regular ‘Blue Tuesday’ timetable.
- Roughly 66% of lessons will take place as normal, and so students should be prepared with the right books and equipment
- Where teachers are not available students will take part in supervised independent study.
- Any practical PE lessons on the timetable for that day will take place including for Sports Studies.
- School will be closed for students in Years 7-10, unless a place is requested under the provision for vulnerable learners. See below for more details.
- Students not in school will be provided with work to undertake at home. This is slightly different to the previous strike and will consist of either:
Links to online platforms (as per the previous strike day), OR specific work for their class set on Satchel One, OR Teams lessons lasting between 30 and 50 minutes.
The offer will differ per lesson per student depending on whether their teacher is striking or not striking and available. A letter explaining the offer and how to access it can be seen here.
We will be able to provide accommodation for the most vulnerable learners on the day of the strike. If you believe that your child meets this criteria and wish to book a place, then please follow the link HERE. The deadline for letting school know is midday on Friday 24th February
Students will attend normal lessons where their teacher is in school, and will be supervised to do independent work where their teacher is absent.
Free school meals
The parents or carers of any child who normally receives a benefits-related Free School Meal, who will not be in school on 28th February, should also follow this link and complete the final question of the form if a meal is required. These meals will be available for collection before the end of the day on Monday 27th February from Bradshaw canteen. Only pre-booked meals, via the form, will be available. The deadline for letting school know is midday on Friday 24th February
I hope that this information above is helpful and of course, if anything changes, we will let you know.